Thursday, April 7, 2011

...is it summer yet?

So before moving here, I heard that it rained, a lot, and it affected people.  I did the research.  The rainfall totals here are far less than most places in the midwest, southeast, fuck, everywhere but the desert.  The part they don't tell you, it's not the rain, it's maybe not the grey, its the fact it lasts for 8 months.  No joke.

How could I let the weather beat me?  I am above all of this clinical scare tactic the media has installed in us around the time you would celebrate your mitzvah. 

Idiot.

To admit defeat to rain cloud, to the nourishment of green, the propellant of life in the PNW, is okay.  I am not from California.  The shit I put up with before, severe storms for at least 2 months a year, extreme in one form of another every season, I am glad that is over, I wasn't prepared.


I am now.  This summer, i get tan, I spend it outside all day everyday, I get fit...not because I am trying, but because it takes a lot of calories to bike across town to visit one of 12 things going on, on any Saturday. 

September was a long time ago. 

Hiking in the rain is cool in October.  The wet hike loses much glamor after a time or two, and it's April, and I just want it to be warm enough to walk in the shade without a coat.  I am not even considering a hike...well wishing for one is a proper way to say it, but it's too chilly still, just not ready. 
Besides going to the bar, or a walk, what can I do?  I miss forgetting to apply sunscreen.

There is only so many times I can post a picture of the fucking bridge on facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment